Note: There are a lot of good posts that are 'buried' behind other posts that are newer. Take a moment to scroll through the list at the left and click on Posts that you might otherwise miss. There are some real gems in there!


We live in critical times.

By that I mean that our nation and our culture is fighting for its life.

The current "election is not a choice between two men or even two parties - it is a choice between two kinds of American Governments: the one we were founded under and the one that we are floundering under".

The original is a tried and proven form of government that was so successful that it was copied by all but six of the governments of the world and resulted in the most incredible improvement ever seen in the history of the world.

The "fundamental change" that Obama is in the process of imposing upon us is nothing but one more of numerous attempts to make socialism work.

Socialism is a failure formula that has never worked and has failed or is in the process of failing every time it has ever been implemented.

It will destroy our nation and the freedoms our founders bought with their blood and if we lose this battle, our freedoms will not be restored for generations to come and would require the spilling of more blood.

Our founders put in place a means for us to preserve our country without bloodshed. It is as simple as entering the voting booth and voting for the representatives that believe in the original government formed by the founders.

The presidential team that supports our heritage - is the Romney/Ryan team.

Keep in mind that our states also have rights and if we do not continually fight to maintain our states' rights, we also lose the battle. Vote for the representatives that can best help your state restore and maintain state's rights.

This blog was created to share information that will provide important details about current issues that are affecting our nation. The information included is a collection of documents, videos, emails, commercials, political cartoons, etc. It has not been checked for accuracy - the job it too tedious and time consuming for me to get to.

I agree with much of it but do not agree with all of it. I'm sure it will be the same for you but thought it was all worth sharing.
Please share this with as many people as you can before the November 6th election.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Voting Matters: Electoral College Process Summarized


If you're like me you're getting a little sick of all the political posts, commercials etc. and I am a political science major! But this does affect all of us and is important so please keep reading. Many people I've talked to think their vote doesn't matter because of the electoral college and so they're not going to vote. YOUR VOTE DOES MATTER.
To briefly explain, each state has as many electoral votes as the combined number of Senators and Representatives. These electoral votes are given to the party that gets the most votes in each state. In all states but Maine and Nebraska it is a winner take all process - so even if your party got one more vote in your state, your party would get ALL the electoral votes. In 2008 62% of eligible voters voted, that leaves 38% (more than 1 out of 3 Americans) that didn't have their voices heard. A presidential candidate needs 270 electoral votes out of the 538 to win. If neither side gets 270 votes the results are determined by the popular vote (determined by the House).
So lets make this 2012 turnout the biggest yet. If we all go vote and encourage our friends to vote, each state's results could dramatically change. States like New York and California could actually turn red (meaning voting majority Republican). And if we take time to also study about and vote for conservative state Representatives and Senators we'll be better represented at the state level.
Of course 100% of eligible voters won't vote this election because many of them don't want to, are apathic, or haven't registered yet (Hopefully they'll go register to be prepared for next time). We always have a choice - if we want to be apathetic and not vote then we really shouldn't complain when we don't like a new law, get taxed too much, are charged too high of a price at the gas pump, or our living prices keep going up. If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

Elijah Verhagen